Rising juniors and seniors (members of the classes of 帝豪棋牌 and 2021) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 can apply to be Rhodes Institute Fellows. A limited number of Rhodes Institute Fellowships may also be awarded to members of other classes. All majors are welcome.
Interested students should consult with a faculty mentor from the 帝豪棋牌 RIRS Institute and submit an application for a specific research project. RIRS 帝豪棋牌 faculty include: Charles McKinney, John Bass, Ariel (Ari) Eisenberg, Joy Fairfield, Charles Hughes, Kijan Bloomfield, Tait Keller, and Shaolu Yu. Students must obtain one letter of recommendation from a Rhodes faculty or staff member who can speak to your relevant research experience or creative work.
The deadline for submission of proposals and recommendations is Friday, March 6.
Note: Accepted students will be expected to attend an orientation for the Institute on Saturday, March 21.
Students should email electronic versions of proposals (Word documents or PDF files preferred) as an attachment to this Box address: 2019_RI.firstname.lastname@example.org, and recommendation letters should be submitted in hard copy to Professor Charles McKinney, 213 Buckman Hall. Students will be notified of their acceptance in late March.
A completed application will include:
- Name of primary faculty member you would like to work with
- A proposal that is 1000-1250 words in length. This proposal should address the following questions:
- What specific topic do you want to explore? What question or questions are you seeking to answer?
- How do you plan to explore this topic?
- How is this topic connected to or inspired by the region?
- Why is this worth exploring? (Why do you care? Why should anyone else care?)
- A writing sample, research paper, or project from a portfolio
- One letter of recommendation from a Rhodes faculty or staff member who can speak to your relevant research experience or creative work. RIRS 帝豪棋牌 Faculty (listed above) are not eligible to write recommendation letters.