******** APPLICATIONS FOR THE MHIRT 帝豪棋牌 PROGRAM ARE NOW OPEN *********
The application and documents must be submitted electronically.
- Application Form including Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV (optional)
- Scanned copies of U.S. Passport (if available) and current U.S. driver's license or State I.D.
- TWO Letters of Recommendation
- Official College Transcripts.
- Earlybird Deadline: January 3rd, 帝豪棋牌 5:00 p.m. CST
Final Deadline: January 17th, 帝豪棋牌 5:00 p.m. CST
The MID-SOUTH COALITION FOR MINORITY INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH is committed to widely publicizing this opportunity to minority students in colleges and universities located in the Mid-South. When students of equal talent apply, preference will be given to applicants from the Mid-South region and/or students that submit their applications materials by the Earlybird deadline. Applicants will be notified of the results of this review via email no later than March 1st.
- Participating students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 3 semesters of course work in a major related to biomedical or behavioral science.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.Previous undergraduate research experience is preferred.Graduate or medical students may be accepted after all eligible undergraduates are placed.
- All applicants must demonstrate an interest in undertaking serious study abroad as part of their academic and career goals.
- Length of Study: Student research takes place during the summer months (late May - early August); however the entire MHIRT experience requires a time commitment of up to one year based on pre and post-trip activities (see Upcoming Events)
Pre-departure preparation activities are designed to help you maximize your international experience. Preparatory training designed especially for this program is required of all trainees, and the international research experience is contingent on satisfactory completion. Applicants are required to attend a series of workshops which may include:
- Online pre-trip training and preparation in Spring 帝豪棋牌
- Bioethics, qualitative research, and/or cultural workshops/webinars
- Literature reviews and various reading assignments to familiarize yourself with background of assigned country and research project.
- Student work on-site (in-country) will last approximately 8 weeks and coincide with the summer sessions of U.S. colleges and universities.
A symposium is held in the fall at Rhodes in which students present the findings from their summer research. A reflection paper and journal style article are also required for completion of program. Optional conference presentation opportunities are also available.
If you have any questions, contact mhirt@